For over 40 years Virginia Surgical Associates has been providing vascular and general surgery care to Virginia's patients. Our quest for excellence has continued by the addition of a prosthetic clinic to achieve total and complete care for our amputee patients.
Our care model benefits for you:
- Improved patient care through surgeon/prosthetist partnership.
- Consistency of amputee care.
- Innovative amputation techniques.
- Sub specialized prosthetist.
- Dedicated proshtetic fabrication.
- National medical board of leading vascular surgeons.
- Prosthetic care initiated prior to surgery and supervised by a surgeon.
- On-site medical doctors to provide urgent care when needed and treatment supervision to ensure prosthetic goals are met.
- Ongoing research programs and trials for new technology.
- A specialized fitting process to create unique prothesis suited to the individual.
Preston Williams, CPO
A native of Richmond, Preston is an ABC certified orthotic and prosthetic practitioner and a caring professional who brings twenty years of experience to meet the orthotic and prosthetic needs of patients in the Greater Richmond Area. He began his career by volunteering at some of the top healthcare organizations in the area. He served as a volunteer physical therapy technician at the Rehabilitation Hospital of Virginia, assisting patients with gait training, and later at Sheltering Arms Rehabilitation Hospital, helping amputees learn to walk and run. These collective experiences ignited a passion for helping others through the dynamic field of orthotics and prosthetics.
Education: Hampden-Sydney College
Orthotics Degree: California State Universit, Dominquez Hills
Prosthetics Degree: Northwestern University
Prosthetics Residency: Progressive Prosthetic and Orthopedic Service
Preston is a faithful Chicago Cubs fan, as well as, he enjoys running and biking. He and his wife, Kristen, are parents to twins Carter and Eleanor.